THE REFUGEE FORUM FOR THOSE OF US FROM FUG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A plan for Reconstructing?

+4
African Grey
Adolf Hurtler
Old Crow
mangachu
8 posters

Go down

A plan for Reconstructing? Empty A plan for Reconstructing?

Post  mangachu Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 pm

As this is a Neutral Place, I hope I can garner a bit more views to this here. Below is a simple plan that I think would work, but it is in no way perfect. I ask you to please take it seriously, and I hope we can get all this stuff worked out.

A plan for reconstruction;

Well, I'll post my thoughts real quick, after reading through the five(yes, five) different faction forums. A lot of people want to rebuild. We know FUG is no more, but we can still be a server group. I'm proposing that we work with DG/SMUG/THE FIRM/GPRoC, and start a coalition of servers. Each server group will have it's own tag and server (Like GPRoC, and a convoy server if we get one), local admins, and local leaders. But the coalition will still work as a whole, and the community leaders, voicing the opinions of the community(hopefully), will convene now and then to hammer out some things about the communities(IE; One group is floundering, and the delegates over there would really like some monetary help if possible, the coalition agrees, and asks their communites to donate some money to whatever group, things like that.). We would be our own server, but help eachother out, and support eachother, and try to help growth in all the communities. The coalition would probably have a general tag to use, so if it was TC, we could do [GPRoC-TC], or have the other tag a seperate tag. This means the leaders of each community can hear what their community wants, and change local things as needed. Not sure if all servers should be named The coalition-(whatever group it belongs to), or if we'll just name them and all this coalition stuff will happen outside the servers. Each community could also be more specialized, such as us probably sticking to 1 or 2 dedicated convoy servers for now. So if the fug community wants nothing but tomfoolery servers, then the leaders can give it to them, without our community whining about it. Also, lawl textwall.

PROS
1)Supports specialized communities, with the leaders of each listening to 2)what the community of similiar interests would like.
3)Each group can operate without running afoul of the others.
4)Support can be given from other groups if the community isn't enough.
5) EQUAL power from each community's delegates.

CONS
1)Probably be a bit confusing/difficult at first.
2)I hope not, but there will probably be a bit of inter group dislike, as per the some convoy people not liking B2B that much in fug.
--------

I know I can be a troll sometimes, but I don't do it all the time, despite what has been said about me. I see now that voicing my opinion did rile up people, and cause problems, but that was not my intent, I just wanted answers. But that's in the past, and I hope we can work it out now.

Now with links to the other copies, so you can see opinions in other places
http://www.createforum.com/gloriouspeoples/viewtopic.php?p=87&mforum=gloriouspeoples#87 The republic
http://fugtf2.freeforums.org/a-plan-for-reconstructing-t84.html SMUG
https://fugforum.forumotion.net/dg-fug-wtf-just-happened-f1/a-plan-for-reconstructing-t7.htm#32 Refugee forum
http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Firm_DR/index.php?showtopic=45 The firm
http://forum.rageoffire.com/index.php?topic=97.0 DG

Last edited by mangachu on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

mangachu

Back to top Go down

A plan for Reconstructing? Empty Re: A plan for Reconstructing?

Post  Old Crow Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 pm

That is a good idea mangachu. We could collectively bring the community back together under one house and have the same amount of servers that we did and even expand past TF2. In convoys regards i would like to see the GPRoC take care of that server. They already have one up and its made up of Convoy lovers like me, i barely play anything else but convoy.

Now the question is will there be any general agreement about this. The leaders on both sides aka DG/Fug dont seem to be on talking terms but will there be a day that they will? do you think there is anyway to convince them to work together like this? That would undoubtedly be the toughest part.

To the leaders of all the forums. This sounds like a good idea to bring the shattered community back. Fugs was build on being a community and not just in regards of video games, it was somewhere to hang. You should all put your differences aside no matter how hard it is. This would be for the better of the COMMUNITY!

Old Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  mangachu Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Well, from what I've seen, a few of the leaders have tried to do things, but it really seems like we on SMUG are offering the most resistance, which makes me sad. :C But since the whole community's idea there is listen to the people, I think we can try and get things going if we convince people of this.

I just hope the admins can eventually see past personal differences.

mangachu

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Crow Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Getting the admins to work is gonna be the hardest part.

There is one way to avoid all of this tho. I know that both followings have loyalists that just wont leave. In my opinion if somebody were to just start anew without any of the previous leadership i think it would work better for the majority of the community. When a government doesn't work what do you do? you start a new one without the old guard. Maybe if we could convince the majority of the people to start a new server group or take one of the existing groups and morph it with all new leaders that would work better.

Also transparency would be a key word in this new community. Also either 7 leaders like last time or 9, each with the same power, none stronger then the last and id peg more involvement in some lower admins too. these admins make up a majority of the community, i dont see why they couldnt be involved more in discussions and ideas

Old Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  mangachu Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Old Crow wrote:Getting the admins to work is gonna be the hardest part.

There is one way to avoid all of this tho. I know that both followings have loyalists that just wont leave. In my opinion if somebody were to just start anew without any of the previous leadership i think it would work better for the majority of the community.

See, I think starting a whole new one would be a lot harder than collectivising the current ones. Everyone wins with this, as all the diehard refuse to leave their groups people get to stay with their group, while the community gets rebuilt.

And I'm sure with a little pushing from each community, we can get the admins to listen.

mangachu

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Crow Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes that is a good point. It would be much tougher to start all over and convince people to come and join us without knowing who else would be there.

We just need some real convincing towards the leaders then. just say "you should put aside your differences for the greater good of the community!" Very Happy

Old Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  Adolf Hurtler Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

i had something similar in mind, but i didnt bother elaborating at all on it. if you want to get this going, you would have to personally talk to a leader of all of the groups, i hope you do because it would be great if it works out. you have all my support and help if needed. my steam is dxmmonster, feel free to request me if you need any help trying to get this to work out.

Adolf Hurtler

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Crow Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 pm

well we should vote for some people from each forum to represent and make an offer for the leaders and negotiate

Old Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  African Grey Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

So is this forum here to stay? Is this going to be one of the smaller factions of the united group?

African Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Crow Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 pm

I dunno. I guess we are gonna have to sit on this for a little and see what happens

Old Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  zephyr_42 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I think this is a good Idea Mangachu, and from what I understand this was a temporary forum for everybody to figure out what was happening while we build back up, so i don't think it would stay.
zephyr_42
zephyr_42

Back to top Go down

Post  mangachu Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Yo guys, I'm trying to get a coalition forum set up. More on that later, and if you can help at all, contact me.

mangachu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightshde Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

Well it looks like next week we are going to have a meeting between the old leaders and hopefully iron some things out and maybe build something new.

Nightshde

Back to top Go down

Post  kiraen Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 am

Nightshde wrote:Well it looks like next week we are going to have a meeting between the old leaders and hopefully iron some things out and maybe build something new.

I 'heard' Ket and Flik talking about this earlier but wasn't going to start any 'rumors'. Now that it's open, I'd like to ask some questions. Please keep in mind that I don't want to add fuel, but I think some indications of progress would be greatly appreciated by the community. However, I do not claim to speak for anyone but myself.

Please answer what you can or tell us if you are unwilling/unable to answer.

1>
a: Did you folks iron out the scheduling and set an actual date/time? [y/n]
b: If 'yes', what is the expected date/time?

2>
a: Define 'old leaders', please?
b: A complete list of those attending would be appreciated.
(to everyone: I am aware some have RL obligations and may not be able to attend)

3> Expected topic(s) of discussion? Servers? Forums? Money? or is it going to be freeform, whatever comes up?

I guess what I'm really wondering is how much thought and planning has gone into this meeting. IMO, a meeting is usually more productive if it's 'formalized'.

(...I hate walking on eggshells...)

kiraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikaa Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 am

I 'heard' Ket and Flik talking about this earlier but wasn't going to start any 'rumors'. Now that it's open, I'd like to ask some questions. Please keep in mind that I don't want to add fuel, but I think some indications of progress would be greatly appreciated by the community. However, I do not claim to speak for anyone but myself.

Please answer what you can or tell us if you are unwilling/unable to answer.

1>
a: Did you folks iron out the scheduling and set an actual date/time? [y/n]
b: If 'yes', what is the expected date/time?

2>
a: Define 'old leaders', please?
b: A complete list of those attending would be appreciated.
(to everyone: I am aware some have RL obligations and may not be able to attend)

3> Expected topic(s) of discussion? Servers? Forums? Money? or is it going to be freeform, whatever comes up?

I guess what I'm really wondering is how much thought and planning has gone into this meeting. IMO, a meeting is usually more productive if it's 'formalized'.

(...I hate walking on eggshells...)[/quote]

I'm assuming the old leaders is the 7 original ones plus the new ones.
Snood, fug, night, ket, eldredd, flik, net / arcy, ninja, shabow.

Some people felt this forum wasnt neutral enough, and they wanted the meeting to take place on neutral grounds. there is yet ANOTHER forum, i'm not sure the name.
I doubt theres going to be much thought going into it, to be honest.
They're probably just going to meet at a random time, on a random day and say what comes to mind.

Erikaa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum